WHAT IS PSYCHOTHERAPY?
Psychotherapy is commonly used for the treatment of psychological problems, and emotional behaviours, that have accumulated over numerous years or through life stressors. These behaviours are treated through communication and relationship factors between an individual and a therapist. A Psychotherapist is trained to use specialised techniques to help their client reach the goal of their presenting problem/s. As no two people are alike, some psychotherapists are trained in many different techniques so that they can help their client with the best technique for them. This type of therapist is called an Eclectic therapist. I am an Eclectic therapist. Simply put, psychotherapy aims to alleviate psychological distress through talking and the use of techniques thus the end result often helps clients to deal with life effectively and many people stop taking medication. Listed below are the areas of my personal training:
- Transactional Analysis – used as a cognitive tool in teaching people about behaviour
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Psychodynamic approach for unresolved conflicts
- Behavioural Approach
- Gestalt and Transactional Analysis (Redecision School of Therapy)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Masters Level of Training: for relief from emotional issues: trauma,abuse,anger,guilt,grief,anxiety, depression, abandonment, pain, obsessions, addictive urges
- EEG Neurological Bio Feed-back, for the treatment of Anxiety, Depression, Panic Attacks, Sleeping Disorders, Rage, ADD/ADHD, Peak Performance, withdrawal from drug addiction.